Thursday, February 24, 2011

C4K Summary 1,2, and 3

Children Reading a book



C4K # 1


Her Comment

Hey Bloggers! This next post I thought I would do is talk a little bit about my passion and that is singing. I am a singer/songwriter and I am twelve years old. I have been singing since about the age of three. When I started singing, I would make up my own nursery rhymes or take an old nursery rhyme and put my own twist on them! But it was about at the age of ten, when I entered a local singing contest here in the Comox Valley called Valley Idol. I was one of the lucky winners that won that year at the age of ten, in 2009 and I am on the Season three Valley Idol CD. After winning Valley Idol, I felt like I had gained more confidence in myself. I started singing at local events and taking singing lessons with, Valley Idol founder, Susie Mcgregor and Andrew Lorimer. Then, at the age of eleven, I wrote, composed and recorded my first song called “Thinking of You”,which was inspired by and written for my Grandpa who passed away a year  before that. I continue to write songs to this day and play the guitar and piano. I have my own website:http://keisjacox.com and One day I would like to be a famous singer/songwriter!
Thanks for reading! If you would like, please leave a comment telling me what your passion is and what you would like to be when you grow up!



My Comment


Hello Keisja ,
 My name is Ashleigh Skelton. I am in a student at the University of South Alabama. My Professor Dr. Strange suggested that I look at your blog post. I am so happy that he did. You are such an amazing singer. I loved listing to your songs. I had no idea that you could also play the piano. My mother always encouraged me to never give up in something I believe in. So I hope that you continue to keep doing your singing because you have an amazing gift.


C4K # 2


Avoia had an animated video on her blog. 

My Comment

Hi Avoia, My name is Ashleigh Skelton I am a student at the Univerisity of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Stranges EDM310 class. Your video animation on the Monarch butterfly was so good. It has always helped me to better understand how to something works when I can see it. You did a great job. Keep it up.

C4K # 3

Class Comment
Magic tree house The Dragon of the red dawn Thinking steam 2

The author is Mary Osborn she wrote all the Magi Tree Houses. Its were they go on another mission to Tokyo. And they met a Gold Dragon. That reminds me of my brother acting like a Dragon. I would fake run away from him.

My Comment
Hello my name is Ashleigh Skelton I am in Dr.Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. This blog also reminded me of myself when I was younger. My sister and I would always pretend that we were battling some monster or beast or traveling all over the world. Maybe next time when I read to the 3rd graders I could read this book to them. I’m sure that they would enjoy reading about a golden dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment