Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog Post # 6

post 







The Networked Student.: By. Wend Dexter


At the end of The Network Student video there is a question asked. " Why do network students even need to have a teacher?"  Well I believe that no matter what the case is you always need a teacher for help or even support. As a teacher it is our job not only just to teach but to help show them how they can build their own network. I believe that when a student realizes that he or she can do something on their own it makes them fell so good about themselves.  But  even when they do realize they can do it on their own its still nice for them to know that they can turn to there teacher.


I know that when I do become a teacher I will teach my students how important technology really is. This class has opened my eyes up in so many different ways. Before this class i never new what podcasting was. This class has encouraged me in so many different ways. Before this class I would always think of ways I would get my students interested in their assignments. Now I know exactly how I'm going to do that. Technology Technology Technology!


A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment


The seventh grader did and amazing job on creating her PLE. When I first started watching the video I was like wow this young lady is in the seventh grade and has already created a PLE. I'm in college and just created my first PLN. I really did  enjoy watching and listening to how she created her PLE.  I also liked how she organized everything.  Such as her school work is located in one area and then in another area she had the things she liked to do outside of school. She did a great job showing others how to use and create a PLE.


Smart Board


Personally, I love the smart board. While reading Mr.Michael Staton's  post about the smart boards being something stupid and dumb. I have to disagree. Smart boards are the way of the future. Yes they are a little expensive but in my opinion they are well worth it. Smart boards are a great way to get students involved and interested in learning. The smart board is and amazing way for the teacher to be hands on with the students. I have talked to many teachers about how they fell about the smart board and they all say how much they love it. The link below i found to be extremly helpful. My friend from last semester suggested that I look at it.

http://broadusbrookeedm310.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Ashleigh,

    I am so glad to hear that this class has opened your eyes to new things within education, and you seem excited to implement the things you are learning into your own classroom. I agree that students will always need teachers because like you said, students need guidance and someone to trust and learn from. While the role of the teacher is changing, we will always be needed in some way. We simply have to accept this change and be willing to take on a new role as an educator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on smart boards. They are such a wonderful tool in a classroom for students. You can create games, presentations, and it allows you to directly access a computer from the board. I learned about smart boards my senior year of high school. My school invested in two smart boards, and they were so much fun to use.

    ReplyDelete