Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post # 5

Children Dressed Up
            
Eagles Nest Radio & Class Blog


When watching this video I was like “wow”. I learned more from the kids then I would have ever learned if I would have had to read it on my own. There was so much information about Ancient Rome.


I could not believe that this podcast was done by 3rd graders. I am twenty-two years old and I just id my first ever podcast and these child’s are like 8 and 9 years old and they are already ahead of me with technology. I listening to their podcast I got some really great ideas from them. I think that it’s amazing what Mrs. Edmison is doing with her student. I just wish I would have been given this amazing opportunity at such a young age.





The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

When I first click on this video, I was a little bored with it. But ounce he started talking about a lot of the things that we are talking about in many of my education classes like blooms taxonomy.  I learned a lot of great ideas and some great benefits to having podcasts in the classroom. One that I really liked was using Podcasting for sick children. I know that I would not be the type of teacher that would upload every single activity, done in class but I think for test review days that Podcasting would be a must. This is an amazing way to keep the student up to date when he/ she is out.

The other thing that I like about Podcasting is that the parents are able to go online and see what their child did in class for that day. I believe that this really does come in handy for the parents because when a there child ask them for help that can go to the teachers podcast watch the video and then possible help their child with his/ her homework. I know that one day I will use Podcasting in my classrooms.  Because it’s a good way to get everyone involved. 




Langwitches Blog

Mrs. Khur and Mrs. Tolisano are amazing women. The both  put further the effort and did an amazing job I think. From person experience podcasting is hard but once you get the hang of things it not so bad. I never new how important podcasting could be and also how helpful to the students and the parents.

In Lanwitches these two women do an amazing job at introducing new information to the students. They encourage them to us technology and learn how it can help you out in the end. I think that as a teacher its important to stay up to date on all the new technology. Not just for oursleves but for our students as well.

1 comment:

  1. "I just wish I would have been given this amazing opportunity at such a young age." So make sure your students will not say the same thing about you! Be sure you give them opportunities to learn using the technologies they already know how to use with great effectiveness. And be prepared to learn from them since " they are already ahead of me with technology."

    ReplyDelete