Sunday, April 10, 2011

Special Assignment- Mr. McClung's World

Mr. McClung




1. What do you know (or have you found out) about Mr. McClung that is reflected in the way he has constructed his class blog?  One of the most amazing things about Mr. McClung's blog is he really gets the information out there to his students. Mr. McClung is all about integrating technology into all his classrooms.


2. Comment on what you would say about Mr. McClung as an educator.
    Mr. McClung really does care about his students. He is such an amazing educator and hopefully one day I can be as amazing as he is. He works so hard to make sure his blogs are amazing. As for my personal opinion he is one of the most amazing teachers who has a blog post.


3. I asked above that you read Mr. McClung's "rules" and think about them. What do they say about Mr. McClung, his teaching, and his connection with his students? What is your reaction to these rules (and guides) as a student and as an aspiring teacher?
Mr. McClung's is teaching his students how important it is for them to share the information they have learned . Its amazing to me how he uses key words and phrases to get his students to pay attention. I also loved his point system. I believe that it would work it any classroom not just in Mr. McClung's classroom. Maybe one day I'll have the chance to see if it works for me in my own classroom.


4. What was the first thing under Everyone needs? Why do you suppose that is the first requirement?  A day planner. To me this is very understandable  because I use one myself. almost every single day. I write down all my assignments so I know when something is due. I think that its a great idea to make sure your students know how important it is for them to be on time with there assignments not only for his class but also for other classes.


5. Note the penalties for being late (under Homework). Compare them with my penalties for being late. Comment.  I loved how Mr. McClung has his policy laded out so plain and clear for students to understand what the penalties are if you are late on an assignment.


6. Read carefully his paragraph about what he hopes to accomplish with his blog. Comment and apply to your own aspirations as a teacher. Mr. McClung does a really good job of not only addressing the students but also the parents. I think that it's amazing how he uses his blog to help keep the parents up to date on whats going own in there child's classroom.


7. I asked you to review at least two Useful Links in depth after reviewing all of them. Which two did you review in depth? Describe each of the two. How might each be used? Why do you think each made Mr. McClung's list.


PDF to Word Converter-- I found this to be one of the most useful links. The site is extremely helpful and extremely easy to use. This link allows you to convert any PDF file into a word file. Probably the best and most awesome thing .. IT'S FREE!


Convince Me! This site was also an amazing site. It's extremely easy and it allows you to debate with other people on issues that not only concern you but others as well.


8. Under Internet Safety I asked you to read carefully the rules Mr. McClung sets forth for safely using the internet. Comment on these rules. Are there any you would add or subtract?  Mr. McClung is so aware of how to watch out for his students. He set up emails for his students that only he can see what they are signing idea beg up for online. I thought this was an amazing idea because he is taking the extra step to watch out for his students.


9. In the C4K part of this blog I asked that you look carefully at one of the categories under which you assigned post was . What did you find? Select one of the posts in the category and review it for me.  Irish Puck Rock- In this post he gave a lesson on an Irish punk rock band. He called them band of the week, Mainly because it was St. Patrick's Day. I really liked this assignment .I found it to be very interesting because this type of music is becoming popular in our generation.


10. Mr. McClung uses Edublog as his blog host. In some ways it may seem more "advanced." But Blogger has many abilities that we have not covered in EDM310. This leads to this question: Is there anything (or things) that Mr. McClung can do with his blog that you would like to do in Blogger?  I feel so comfortable using blogger. Yes there are some things that I am not aware of but when i have time I try to sit down and play around with it. One thing that I think would make blogger easy would be for it to have a toolbar. Making it essayer for the blogger to navigate through blogger.


11. In what ways does Mr. McClung make his blog useful to parents, teachers, administrators, students like you, and others? Mr. McClung's blog is extremely easy to look at. He is so organized its amazing. He keeps everything separated. On his blog he tells you all the different ways you can get in touch with him.


12. How does Mr. McClung's 8th grade blog differs from other blogs you have visited including other 8th grade blogs? Why the differences do you think?  Many of the eight graders blogs that I have read have not been from the United States. There assignment have been so much more different then any others.I think its so amazing how Mr. McClung is pushing his students to do better. I believe that Mr. McClung and Dr. Strange are so much alike. I just wish I would have had Dr. Strange as my teacher when I was in Eight grade. Theres not telling what all i would be able to do with the internet.


13. Add any additional comments you think would be useful in analyzing Mr. McClung's World in depth. Looking at Mr. McClung's blog this was an extremely 
difficult question to answer. Every time I tired to decide on what I liked the most about his blog I would find something that I had never noticed before. Mr. McClung also has a few other different websites that are strictly about music.

No comments:

Post a Comment