Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Post # 11

Clip art



Little Kids ..... Big Potential

I found this video to be so impressive. When it was over I was in shock because of how good it was. I think the thing that impressed me the most were the young children and how interested they were about technology. Ms. Cassidy is such and amazing teacher. She is truly a blessed teacher. Because she has first graders and they are using Skype and Blogger and they know how to actually use a computer. Ms. Cassidy has inspired me to be such an amazing teacher like her. I believe that the technology tools that Ms. Cassidy is using in her classroom is so amazing she is truly an amazing teacher.
When watching this video one of Ms. Cassidy;s students talked about how much he loves to get on his blog at home and check to see if anyone has left him a comment. He also said that when you are on there you should always be careful about what you say. Because you never know if it could hurt someone else's feelings.  In the future I would love to have my students us blogger and also encourage the parents to get involved and use blogger as well. I believe that it would not only be beneficial to me but also for the students and there parents.

When Dr. Strange and Mr. Cassidy's Skype interview was over I could not help but think about how they both had almost the same views when it came to technology. Both Dr. Strange and Ms.Cassidy love the idea of introducing technology to their students and i could not agree more. When I first signed up for EDM310 some many people said it was so hard to do. Yes it is difficult some times but when you look at it from  a large picture you are like WOW. I am so lucky that I have the chance to be able to be in a class that wants you to encourage your students to learn as much as the possible can about technology.

2 comments:

  1. Ashleigh,

    You seem to have truly learned a lot from Ms. Cassidy, and I can definitely tell that she inspires you. I love that we are able to meet teachers and learn from them in this class. I believe it is best to actually hear teachers and see what they are doing with their students. While we might not have the same opportunities as Ms. Cassidy, we can certainly learn a lot from her. Through the video, it is evident how much technology has enriched her class. The students love using technology, and they are actually wanting to be engaged in their class work. I am happy to hear that you are fortunate to be in this class, and I hope you take what you have learned and apply it to your classroom. Your students will be extremely thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy to think that this technology that we never knew of as students is changing the face of education every single day. Im glad to knwo that we as educators will have the opportunity to use it as Ms Cassidy has to better the quality of education her students receive.

    ReplyDelete