Monday, March 21, 2011

Blog Post # 8

                 This is How we Dream, Parts 1 & 2














Watching Mr. Miller's video, I realized that he makes is perfectly clear that it is our job to make sure that we teach our students how important technology is. It's extremly important for us as educators to encourage our students to learn as much as they possible can about technology. We have to make sure that our students know that the computers are not just used to check there facebook and twitter accounts.


I know that in my future classroom that I will most differently will use technology as apart of my everyday techings. I think that its important to make our students feel confident when using technology. It would be amazing to me to know that my students are learning something not only from me but from other people all over the world.  Like we are in EDM 310.





                                                             EDM for Dummies
When I first started watching this video I thought it was so funny. The video was so amazing the students worked really hard and did a great job on it. I believe that if I ever had to create a video for EDM I would do one to teacher students how to pass EDM 310. I would tell them how important it is for the to do all there assignments and not to get behind in EDM 310. I believe that this video would be extremely helpful to the future EDM 310 student.




                                                                  Chipper
Great video. Jamie Lynn did such an amazing job. I loved how the video taught students not to procrastinate when it comes to the any class. I thought that it was interesting when Jamie Lynn said Dr. Strange is not doing his job and teaching her. This comment got me to think about the first day in class when Dr. Strange said you are going to teach your selves.






                                          Learn to Change, Change to Learn


When I first started watching this video I was a little upset. There was a comment made about how " Schools are like factories" I believe that it starts with the teachers, we have to turn around and teach the technology to our students.








The Secret Powers of Time
In this video the picture made it so much more interesting to me. One of the important facts that is mentioned is time. We look at time so much more differently then others do. I get so frustrated when I am in line at the bank waiting on that person who has to ask ten million questions. There are so many times people get frustrated waiting. We are consistently looking a our watches.



The Truth About What Motives Us.

In this video he explains the different things that motivate us. He explains how in todays modern world money is everything. In our world money is everything, it is what makes the world go round. In the video he gives us three factors that lead to a better personal satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. You have made many valid points. I agree strongly with you that teachers will have the responsibility of being sure that students are familiar with technology and the ways it can enhance their learning abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love RSA animate-- but the speed in which they communicate their ideas is painful for me. Haha. Ashleigh, you definitely need to go back and edit this post-- not for content so much, which was fine, but for grammatical and spelling (mostly) errors.

    I think it is not our most urgent job to teach how important technology is, but to use technology to share what we are learning. Let's learn the basics, but let's turn the way we learn into a means of creating, connecting, and problem solving. Let's create meaningful questions or presentations that provoke questions and broadcast them so that others can help us answer them!

    ReplyDelete