Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blog Post # 7

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams








Randy Paunch’s video touched me in so many ways. Mr. Pausch is such a positive person even when he was diagnosed with ten tumors in his neck he stayed positive. Mr. Pausch talked about his childhood and how he was blessed with an amazing family. He also talked about his dreams as a child and growing up. He talked about his football coach and he also talked about a brick wall. He said that the brick was there to show people that in life you should either go over the wall or through it just to get to the other side of the wall.


Mr. Pausch encourages his students to do things just as virtual tour projects. His students did such an amazing job on their project; he was so excited about them doing more. He was so overwhelmed with how well the students did; he called his mentor and asked him what else his students could do. His mentor told him to tell them that they need to do better on the next one. Project after project his students did better and better. Mr. Pausch was such an involved teacher he truly did care about his students he would take them on field trips and would have them work together.


Mr. Pausch is an amazing man; I truly enjoyed watching this video. He was such a positive man. I learned a lot from this video. I learned to be a positive person and to never give up on my friends and things I won’t in life. I know that know matter what the size the brick wall is there is always a way around it.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    Dr. Pausch's "Last Lecture" was truly amazing! It spoke volumes to me. Do you remember what his coach told him about, if he was doing something wrong? He told him that, if he was doing something wrong and no one is saying anything to him about it, then whomever is watching him had given up. That one quote will forever be with me.

    Dr. Pausch spoke with excitement and encouragement. He really was an amazing man who went through those brick walls to live a life of his dreams.

    Keep jumping those brick walls!

    Kelly Evans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly always seems to have a way of leaving an inspirational comment, so once again-- I will have to agree. His analogy about those who correct you are the one's who still care will stick with me too. I hope I am not given up on by many and in turn I hope to encourage hundreds.

    ReplyDelete