Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

On April 5, 1988, I was born in Rome, Georgia. My parents named me Laurel Ashleigh Chisolm. They decided I would go by my middle name, because my mother liked it the best. Growing up my brother and I were always getting into something. I am a very big family person. I love spending as much time with them as possible. In August of 2009 I married my high school sweetheart and moved to Daphne, Alabama. My husband already lived in Daphne and work in Mobile as a Death Investigator. When deciding where I would continue my education at South was a no-brainer. My family is a huge part of my life, without them I don’t know where I would be. They have always encouraged me to do my very best and never let someone tell me I can’t do something. My mother is my best friend, She has always been there for me not matter what. My husband and I do a lot of activities outdoors such as bike riding, camping, wakeboarding and all kinds of other things.

Growing up I was always making my brother play school with me. Most of the time I Would be the teacher, but sometimes I would let my brother so he would continue to play with me. I have always had a special place in me heart for children. I love working with them watching them develop into their on person, watching them interact with other students. Most of all I love children with special needs. I have always just loved being around them. They have the biggest hearts and know matter what kind of day you’re having they can always make you smile.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you may work with special needs children. We definitely need more people like you out there helping and teaching them! You gave such a great story and descriptions. I look forward to reading your posts to come. It sounds like you will do great in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashleigh,
    I enjoyed reading your post. Family is also an important part of my life as well, sometimes I don't know what I'd do without them. Their is nothing like having the support of your family. It is so great that you enjoy working with special needs children, I believe it takes such a special person to be able to do that. Good luck with this class!

    ReplyDelete